2009-2010: OLD FORGE DRESS CODE
Published: August 13, 2009
Font size: [A] [A] [A]
The Old Forge School District has adopted a dress code policy for grades K-12, which contains approved student clothing. This approved clothing is mandatory and may be worn in any combination of tops and bottoms.
Following is a summary of the approved articles of clothing. The full dress code will be posted on the doors of both school buildings in addition to being available in the elementary and high school offices and parent/student handbooks.
Tops: solid navy, yellow/gold or white
* Standard golf shirt: long or short sleeves
*Button-down dress shirt: long or short sleeves.
* Crewneck or V-neck sweatshirt only.
* Sweater: with collared shirt underneath.
* A solid navy, yellow, gold or white t-shirt or turtleneck may be worn underneath any collared shirt provided that the collared shirt is worn at all times.
Bottoms: solid khaki (beige/tan) and navy blue.
* Long dress pants pleated or plain front (docker style or corduroy).
* Standard dress shorts / skort (docker style) no greater than 3 inches above the knee, April 1 – Oct. 31 only.
* Capri length dress pants.
* Standard skirt worn from no greater than 3 inches above the knee to the ankle
* Jumper (elementary only) worn no greater than 3 inches above the knee to the ankle with a collared shirt underneath.
* Cargo / side or leg pockets on pants, shorts, skirts, capris, skorts and jumpers are prohibited.
* Closed toe shoes, sneakers, boots (no flip-flops or sandals)
* Crocs worn with socks and strap worn around the heel.
Spirit Wear: Fridays only.
* Old Forge School District spirit shirts (district approved) worn with standard dress code bottoms. Hoodies are prohibited in the school building.
* Families may qualify under certain income guidelines for clothing subsidy from a particular vendor. See the principal for further information.
*Students may wear solid navy or yellow sweatpants with a navy or yellow Old Forge Blue Devil spirit wear T-shirt on gym day only. Solid navy or yellow gym shorts are acceptable from April 1– Oct. 31 only. All pants and shorts must be solid colors, without pockets, designs, stripes, patterns, checks, slogans or emblems except for optional Old Forge logo or emblem or small brand-name emblems. Slogans or emblems (even Old Forge Blue Devil emblems) on the backside of sweatpants or shorts are prohibited.
Approved physical education clothing may be worn for physical education class only!
*Gym (athletic) shorts only, i.e. nylon, elastic waistband (no pockets, no belt loops, no cargo pants, and no jean shorts). Length will be no shorter than arms length (length at fingertips). One solid color – no stripe anywhere on shorts (navy, yellow, gold, white). A small manufacturer’s label or the Old Forge Logo is acceptable.
*One solid color. Must be worn at waist. May not drag on floor. No tearaways. Same colors as shorts. A small manufacturer’s label or the Old Forge logo is acceptable.
*T-shirts – Old Forge School District spirit wear, white, navy or yellow, gold tee shirt. Also, the school shirt - three button with collar, or long sleeve – solid color (navy, yellow, gold, white). No tank tops, no midriffs.
*Solid colors (navy, yellow/gold, white). Old Forge logo only. No hooded sweatshirts.
Display of any type of undergarment is prohibited. No articles of clothing may be altered or worn inside out. All clothing must be worn as designed. No rolling of shorts or sweatpants.