To open its 2018 season, Phoenix Performing Arts Centre will present “Disenchanted” a musical comedy in which 10 fairy princesses tell their tale of what happened after the “happily ever after.”
The show will run Fridays through Sundays, Jan. 12-21. The show begins at 8 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and at 2 p.m. on Sundays at the Phoenix Performing Arts Centre, 409 Main St, in Duryea. Tickets are $12. Call 570-457-3589 for more information.
• A representative of the Lackawanna County treasurer’s office will sell 2018 dog licenses on Wednesday, Jan. 17, 10 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. at the Moosic Borough Building, 715 Main St. in Moosic.
• A representative of the Lackawanna County treasurer’s office will sell 2018 dog licenses to county residents on Wednesday, Jan. 24, 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., at the Old Forge Borough Building, 310 S. Main St. in Old Forge.
• More than 1,725 students have been named to the fall dean’s list at Kutztown University. Among them were: Brendan M. Bordick Lesavag of Old Forge and Jonathon Paul Kamor of Duryea.
• More than 1,400 students were named to the dean’s list at York College of Pennsylvania for the fall semester. Among them was Joshua Mies of Duryea.
• Bucknell University has released the dean’s list for outstanding academic achievement during the fall semester. Included on the list was Maura Powell of Moosic.
• King’s College, recently announced the students who have qualified for the Fall dean’s list. From Avoca: Ali Brady, Tara Johnson, Dana Maurizi, Jonathan Nocket, Sarah Satkowski and Erin Schmidt. From Dupont: Andrew Golden and Shelby Hoffmann. From Duryea: Joshua Kramer, Jordan Powers and Brandon Winn. From Old Forge: Lianna Bilbao, Benjamin Grochowski, Jaret Horn, Erika Licciardone, Jacob Manetti, Mark Michno, Corey Palma, Armando Sallavanti, Megan Tucker and Mark Voyack. From Taylor: Ryan Morgan.
• Students at Lehigh University attained dean’s list in the fall. Among them were Mathew Lucas of Taylor and Nico Munley of Moosic.
St. Mary’s Polish National Catholic Church, 200 Stephenson St. in Duryea will hold a pre-Lenten breakfast on Sunday, Feb. 11, 8-11:30 a.m. Menu features eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, roll with butter and beverages. Tickets are $10; $5 for kids 12 and younger. There will be limited tickets at the door. For advance tickets, phone 570-457-2291. Takeout will be available.
Kutztown University students have been inducted into the National Society of Leadership and Success. Among them were Lauren Kamor of Duryea.