- Carbino Club Little League will have registration on Saturdays and Sundays, Jan. 12 and 13, and Jan. 26 and 27 from noon to 2 p.m. at Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 5544, 205 Dolph St., Jessup. Fee is $70 for one player, $90 for two and $100 for three or more family members. Registration by the above dates is required to meet new Little League deadlines for team rosters. Rosters/coaches must be submitted to LL Headquarters by March 1. Players ages 7-18 (boys who live in Jessup, Eynon, Peckville, Blakely, Winton and Sturges; girls in the Valley View School District and any surrounding community that does not have Little League softball) are eligible. Adult volunteers should bring a driver's License and Social Security card. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 575-1945 for more information.
- Valley View Babe Ruth Baseball will hold registration for the 2013 season on Saturday, Jan. 19, noon to 2 p.m. at the Blakely Borough Building, 1439 Main St., Peckville. Players ages 5-15 from Blakely, Peckville, Archbald, Eynon, Jessup, Dickson, Olyphant, Throop, Jermyn, and Mayfield are eligible to play. Call 876-5946 or email email@example.com for more information.
At the Greater Carbondale YMCA, 82 N. Main St., Carbondale:
Swim Lessons: Saturdays for eight weeks beginning Jan. 5. Preschool 9:30-10 a.m., youth 10-10:45 a.m. and parent/tot 11-11:30 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays for four weeks beginning Jan. 7. Preschool 5:30-6 p.m. and youth 5:30-6:15 p.m. Cost is $45 for Y members; $85 for non-members.
Water fitness aqua jog 9:30-10:15 a.m.; *Core fitness 10-10:45 a.m.; Walkercise 11 a.m.-Noon; *zumba sentao 4-4:45 p.m.; Zumba 5-6 p.m.; Cardio kickboxing 6:15-7 p.m.; Water fitness aqua jog 7:15-8 p.m.
Y cycle 6:15-7 a.m.; X fit 8:30-9:15 a.m.; H2O water class 9:30-10:15 a.m.; Silver Sneakers 10-11 a.m.; *Golden Beats (Drums Alive) 11:15-noon, chair yoga 12:15-12:45 p.m.; water fitness aqua jog 1-1:45 p.m.; Zumba toning 5:15-6:15 p.m.; Y cycle 5:45-6:30 p.m.; Pilates 6:30-7:30 p.m.; water fitness 7:15-8 p.m.
Water fitness aqua jog 9:30-10:15 a.m.; *core fitness 10-10:45 a.m.; walkercise 11-noon; Zumba 5-6 p.m.; cardio kickboxing 6:15-7 p.m.; yoga 7-8 p.m.; aqua abs 7:15-8 p.m.
Y cycle 6:15-7 a.m.; Zumba with Zumba gold 8:30-9:15 a.m.; H2O water class 9:30-10:15 a.m.; Silver Sneakers 10-11 a.m.; chair yoga 12:15-12:45 p.m.; water fitness aqua jog 1-1:45 p.m.; *Drums Alive 5:30-6:15 p.m.; Zumba 6-7 p.m.; pilates 6:30-7:30 p.m.; water fitness aqua jog 7:15-8 p.m.
Beginner Y-cycle class: 5:30-6:15 p.m. The class is free for Y members and non-members pay the day-pass rate.
Water fitness aqua jog 9:30-10:15 a.m.; chair yoga 10:30-11 a.m.; walkercise 11-noon.
Family Zumba 9-10 a.m.; Y cycle 10-10:45 a.m.
*Fee added classes-$1 per class.
Open swim 1-2 p.m.; *possible pool parties 2-5 p.m.
Lap swim 7-8:30 a.m.; open swim 8:30-9:30 a.m.; water fitness aqua jog 9:30-10:15 a.m.; lap lane 10:15-noon; open swim noon-1 p.m.; open swim 3:30-5 p.m.; *swim lessons 5:15-6 p.m.
Monday and Wednesday
Adult swim lessons 6:15-7 p.m.; aqua jog 7:15-8 p.m.
Monday through Thursday
Lap swim 7-8:30 a.m.; open swim 8:30-9:30 a.m.; H2O weight train and cardio 9:30-10:15 a.m.; lap lane 10:15-11 a.m.; *arthritis class 11:15-noon; open swim noon-1 p.m.; water fitness aqua jog 1-1:45 p.m.; open swim 4:30-7 p.m.
Water fitness 7:15-8 p.m.
Aqua jog 7:15-8 p.m.
Possible pool parties 5-7 p.m.
*Swim lessons 9-11 a.m.; Open swim noon-2 p.m.; possible pool parties 2-4 p.m.
A lap lane will be open during all open swim times.
For more information, call 282-2210 or visit www.greatercarbondaleymca.org.
- Zumba classes with Sandy Depoti will be offered Tuesdays at 5:15 p.m. at Kelly Patrick Studio of Dance, 154 Lincoln St., Olyphant. Call 590-7230 for more information.
- At Studio ZP, 110 Terrace Drive, Blakely: Zumba, ZumbAtomics and Zumba Toning. Call 510-2327 or 575-1303 for more information.
- At Spectrum Health and Racquet Club, 151 Terrace Dr., Blakely: Bootcamp Tuesday and Thursady at 7:30 p.m.; Kids Fit (ages 6-12) Thursday at 4:30 p.m., Saturday at 10 a.m.; pilates Sunday at 10 a.m.; Abs Monday at 6 p.m.; Cross Aero Fit class Monday and Thursday at 5:10 p.m., Saturday at 8:30 a.m., Sunday at 9 a.m.; yoga Wednesday at 5 p.m.; meditation Wednesday at 6 p.m. and Karate Monday and Wednesday at 5 p.m. Call 383-3223 for more information.
Throop CC Sports
At the Throop Civic Center, 500 Sanderson St.:
- The center is accepting registrations for its upcoming basketball league and cheerleading team for kids in kindergarten through grade five.
- Zumba classes Monday and Wednesday, 7-8 p.m. $5 per class.
- Aerobics for seniors Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11 a.m. $5 per class.
- Kickboxing aerobics Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6 p.m. $5 per class. Call 383-7906 for more information.
At the Dickson City Civic Center, 935 Albert St.:
- Betsy Czaja Boot Camp: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 a.m., senior fitness, Mondays and Wednesdays, boot camp 6:15 p.m., Zumba 7:30 p.m and Saturdays Zumba 10 a.m. Call 677-0814 or email at Betsysbootcamp@verizon.net for more information.